Ronny Thompson is a former college basketball player and coach. Currently, he is a broadcaster for Comcast SportsNet, based in Bethesda, Maryland. He has received an Emmy award for his excellent broadcasting. Basketball runs in Ronny’s family’s blood. His father, John R. Thompson, Jr was a former head coach of Georgetown University and so was his brother, John Thompson III.
His playing career was just 4 years long (1988 – 1992). In 1993, he started his coaching career and led many of his team to victory. He has coached Oregon (assistant) 1993–1994, Loyola (MD) (assistant) 1994–1996, Georgetown (assistant)1998–2003, Arkansas (assistant)2003–2006, and Ball State 2006–2007.
|Height||6 feet 4 inches|
|Parents||John Thompson and Gwendolyn Thompson|
|Siblings||John Thompson III, Tiffany Thompson|
|Education||Flint Hill School, Georgetown University|
First of all continued prayers to all families affected by the tragedy on Sunday. On 1/25/10, I produced an interview with @kobebryant. He granted me, @1RonThompson & Brooks Meriwether 20 mins of his time. Here’s a snippet on his legacy. #RIPKobeandGianna #MambaMentality #girldad pic.twitter.com/EB8kbdJR5k
— TStro (@ProducerTStro) January 31, 2020
10 Facts About Ronny Thompson
- Ronny Thompson was born in 1969 in Washington, D.C., United States. He is 52 years old as of 2020. We don’t know when Ronny exactly celebrates his birthday, he has not shared this information yet.
- Ronny is 6 feet 4 inches tall ( 1.93 meter ) which is relatively average for a basketball player.
- Information regarding his weight and body proportions are not currently available.
- He was schooled in Flint Hill School and later went to Georgetown University for his higher education.
- John Thompson and Gwendolyn Thompson are Ronny’s parents and his siblings are John Thompson III and Tiffany Thompson.
- His elder brother John Thompson III is an assistant coach for the American national basketball team since 2017.
- Ronny is an American by Nationality, his ethnicity is African American.
- Information regarding Rooney’s net worth has not been shared.
- Ronny has not made anything public about his relationship status. We don’t have information to confirm if he is married, single, or in a relationship.
- He is not very active in social media, he has relatively few followers in his account.