Alexei Navalny is a Russian lawyer, anti-corruption activist, and politician. He was born on June 4, 1976, on Butyn, Odintsovsky District, Moscow Oblast, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union. He is known as the Leader of the Progress Party (Anti-corruption campaigner).
Alexei graduated with a law degree from the Russian University named People’s Friendship University in 1998. And at the Finance University under the Government of the Russian Federation, he studied security and exchanges. After graduation, he got indulged in an anti-corruption investigation campaign and political parties. He also got arrested for protesting and was barred for challenging Putin in the presidential elections.
Когда «журналист» Нарышкин тратит огромные усилия, чтобы доказать всем, что митинги в Хабаровске не политические и антипутинских лозунгов там нет, вам важно помнить: журналист и подставка для микрофона – разные вещи. Даже если у подставки есть удостоверение. pic.twitter.com/eJd6zZKkLb
— Alexey Navalny (@navalny) July 25, 2020
10 Facts on Alexei Navalny
- Alexei Navalny was born on June 4, 1976, which makes him 44 years old now.
- He holds Russian nationality and belongs to Ukrainian descent.
- After he graduated with a degree in security and exchanges, he got a scholarship at Yale University for Yale World Fellow Program in 2010.
- Alexei has worked half of his life against corruption and political parties in the favor of Putin and his government.
- A journal named The Wall Street Journal had once written him as “the man Vladimir Putin fears most”.
- He got married to Yulia Navalnaya and shares two beautiful children with her. Their daughter’s name is Daria and son’s name is Zakhar.
- Yulia is equally supportive and an activist herself. They both are spotted in most of the protest rallies together.
- Alexei has been sent to jail several times by the Russian authorities. The longest he was imprisoned was for 5 years.
- Alexei along with his political party members created a documentary, He Is Not Dimon to You in which they accused Russia’s former prime minister and president of corruption.
- He is seen to be active on social media. He has about 1.4 million and 2.1 million followers on Instagram and Twitter respectively.