Baimadajie Angwang is the latest US police officer to get into trouble, but this time for vastly different reasons. Baimadajie Angwang was arrested on the suspicion of being a secret Chinese agent working within the NYPD as a mole.
As per various news reports, he has been placed into Federal custody for spying on Tibetian immigrants in the US on behalf of the Chinese Government. He was taken into custody by the FBI.
10 Facts About Baimadajie Angwang
- Baimadajie Angwang’s age is 33 years old as of September 2020 according to CBS New York.
- The same source reported that he lived in Williston Park, Long Island with his wife and daughter.
- He doesn’t have a Wiki page yet but you can read all about the alleged spy in this article.
- Angwang is a native of Tibet himself and moved to America and he was made a naturalized citizen of the US.
- The officer worked for the 11th precinct and was an outgoing member of his community according to his neighbors.
- Prior to becoming a police officer, he was a Marine and even served as a Staff Sergeant (reserve) with the US Army. He also had a secret security level clearance that officials claim he used to spy on Tibetians in the US.
- According to the official court papers, he has many charges against him including one of wire fraud, authorities are saying he has received around $120,000 from the Chinese government for working as their spy.
- Angwang also had a relationship with the PRC Consulate in New York that the FBI and Internal Affairs believe were his handlers.
- All the charges could land him in prison for 55 years if proven guilty.
- His parents are former members of the government service and his brother is an enlisted army officer in China.