Best-known as the half-brother of former President Barack Obama, Malik Obama, is a businessman and a passionate Donald Trump supporter. He also made waves after releasing a memoir of his family in which he called former President Obama ‘cold and ruthless’.
Malik is a Kenyan but is also a naturalized citizen of the USA who registered to vote in Maryland. Talking about voting, he perpetrated the Trump campaign’s baseless message about fake votes on his Twitter page showing support for Trump in the 2020 elections.
|Parents||Kezia Obama and Barack Obama Sr.|
|Net Worth||$4 million|
— Malik Obama (@ObamaMalik) November 7, 2020
10 Facts About Malik Obama
- Malik Obama has an electronics business and has an estimated net worth of around $4 million in 2020 as per this source.
- His earnings (2020) are not available in the public domain, his half brother Barack Obama and his family, on the other hand, earned around $20.5 million when they were the first family.
- However, some sources claim that Malik has a salary in the range of $60,000 to $100,000. His major source of income is his business, he owns a small electronics store in Kenya.
- Malik was born to parents Kezia Obama and Barack Obama Sr. in March 1958. As the name suggests, his father is also the parent of President Barack Obama.
- Including, the former President he had 8 siblings according to his bio.
- The Kenyan businessman also has a background in accounting and graduated from the University of Nairobi.
- Malik had dual citizenship in Kenya and the USA. He comes to the USA each year for a few months. He also takes his wife, Sheila Anyango to the States, they have been married since 2010.
- During the 2008 campaign, Malik became a spokesperson for the Obama family in Kenya.
- However, in 2016, he stated he was a Trump supporter and even attended the Presidential debate as the Republican’s guest.
- As a matter of fact, he even took part in the propaganda and shared a fake birth certificate of Obama to support Trump’s Barack Obama citizenship conspiracy theories.