Bassam Hamzy is the leader of the ‘Brothers for Life’ crime gang. The BFL is a middle-eastern crime gang based in Sydney who is also alleged terrorist sympathizers.
Bassam’s brother, Mejid Hamzy was shot in a park on October 19, 2020. His killer is still at large but the police believe they may have connections as a rival to the BFL crime gang.
Hamzy is serving a 22-year sentence that was added to his already long sentence after he was running a drug empire from prison.
|Age||41 (in 2020)|
|Siblings||Mejid Hamzy (deceased)|
The sister-in-law of the notorious Brothers for Life boss Bassam Hamzy has been accused of being part of a highly-sophisticated heroin dealing syndicate known as the City Boys. https://t.co/5l1no9OvBe
— The Daily Telegraph (@dailytelegraph) August 29, 2019
10 Facts About Bassam Hamzy
- Bassam Hamzy is around 41 years old as of October 2020, he was 34 years old when he was handed another 22-year sentence according to this source.
- He does not have a Wiki page but you can read all about the convicted felon in this article.
- Hamzy is the infamous leader of ‘Brothers for Life’, a criminal gang he operated from jail. He was a drug kingpin and his gang was also partaking in the Sydney drug turf wars.
- His younger brother Mejid Hamzy was shot dead in a park, experts believe the shooting could lead to another gang war.
- Not only his brother but both his parents are also dead.
- As a matter of fact, earlier this year in August 2020, Hamzy’s father Khaled Hamzy, who was also jailed for running a drug syndicate, died in custody.
- Likewise, Bassam’s mother Lola Hamzy, who was 57 years old at the time, was also shot and killed.
- Not much is known about his parents other than the fact that his father was also a drug kingpin.
- Hamzy is currently held at the Goulburn Supermax jail and his release date is around 2036.
- He was serving another sentence when it was found out that he was running a drug ring from prison. Hamzy’s ethnicity is Mixed but he has Middle-Eastern heritage.