Brett Hankison is the officer who was formally charged in the Breonna Taylor police shooting case. He worked for the LMPD and was accused of firing 10 blind shots while ‘raiding’ Breonna’s apartment.
The incident sparked protests all over the USA and has increased the risk of yet another violent wave of clashes between police and protestors. Hankison was taken into custody but released on bail the same day. Brett Hankinson was fired in June and now he is facing three felony charges. Read more about the former officer accused of murdering Taylor.
|Profession||Former Police Officer|
Brett Hankison was officially TERMINATED by Louisville Police today!! But that’s NOT enough. We want: (1) Hankison ARRESTED for #BreonnaTaylor’s murder, (2) FIRING of officers Mattingly, Cosgrove and Jaynes, (3) Kentucky AG Cameron to file CRIMINAL CHARGES against ALL 4 officers! pic.twitter.com/eiUlB94rmk
— Ben Crump (@AttorneyCrump) June 24, 2020
10 Facts About Brett Hankison
- Brett Hankison is 44 years old as of September 2020 according to this source.
- He doesn’t have a Wiki page dedicated to him however, you can read all about the disgraced officer in this article.
- It is not known if the former officer is married or not. Given his age, he may have a wife and kids.
- There has been no statement from Hankinson’s family after he was formally charged with wanton endangerment.
- He was not charged with murder or homicide but ‘wanton endangerment‘, which is a class D felony, the lowest class of a felony.
- As per the charge his sentence might be from 1 year to 5 years in prison if found guilty.
- Before being charged with the Class D felony, he was fired from his job at the LMPD, he had prior altercations at the police station.
- The other two officers in the case were released and not charged with any crimes. Due to the alleged remiss nature of the charges and decision by the grand jury, people from all over the USA have been outraged.
- As a matter of fact, statewide riots and protests broke out almost immediately with the whole nation being engulfed in protests as the news broke.
- Hankison has not been found guilty of any charges yet, he has just been indicted.