Cameron York is an American collegiate ice hockey player, who currently plays as a defenseman for the University of Michigan in the Big Ten Conference. Eventually, he committed to play for the team of the University of Michigan Wolverines.
In 2019, the Philadelphia Flyers of the NHL side drafted Cameron in the first round of the 2019 NHL Entry Draft. He was enrolled in the university for the 2019–20 season. He scored his first collegiate goal in a 2–1 loss to Ohio State on November 2, 2019.
|Height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Profession||Ice hockey player|
10 Facts On Cameron York
- Cameron York is now 19 years of age and he was born in the year 2001. Moreover, he celebrates his birthday on the 5th of January every year.
- The player hails from Anaheim Hills, California, United States, where he was born and raised. He holds American citizenship.
- York stands at a height of 5 feet 11 inches (1.8 meters) and his billed weight is 175 lbs (79 kg).
- Talking about his family background, he is the son of Jeff York and Teri York. He is of white heritage from his parents’ side.
- On the personal side, he is yet to reveal his dating status. The player has not introduced his girlfriend on his Instagram account.
- The young talent comes in high rank in the NHL prospect. He is set to earn a remarkable salary from the NHL stint.
- Cameron played hockey at Shattuck-St. Mary’s and in the U.S. National Development Program before drafted in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft.
- On the international platform, York represented United States at the 2018 IIHF World U18 Championship. There, his team won a silver medal and named to the Media All-Star Team.
- Recently, he was invited to the 2020 World Junior Summer Showcase. Likewise, he participated in the 2020-21 and 2019-20 USA U-20 World Junior Championships.
- Cameron has received several honors at a young age. He was included in the 2018 World U18 Championships All-Star Team.