Ronnie Watts is the father of Chris Watts. He is the devastated parent of the criminal who confessed to murdering his wife, Shannan Watts, and their children. Ronnies was Chris’s original confidant before he went to the cops.
The father became famous after the case became national news in 2018. In addition to this, the family became internationally famous or rather infamous after Chris confessed to the murders. Read more about Ronnie Watts here.
10 Facts About Ronnie Watts
- Ronnie Watts is around 64 years old as of September 2020 and was 62 at the time of his son’s trial according to CrimeRocket.
- Watts and his wife Cindy have only one child, Chris. They also had 3 grandchildren who were murdered by their own son.
- His Wikipedia page does not exist but you can read about him in this article.
- When their son confessed, Ronnie and Cindy gave an interview in which they said they were devastated and incredibly sad.
- Watts was the one Chris confided in before going to the police. As a matter of fact, FBI Special Agent Grahm Coder stated that the FBI let Chris talk to Ronnie in the interrogation room.
- The case and the family became national headlines after the film ‘Chris Watts: Confessions of a Killer‘ and the Netflix documentary American Murder: The Family Next Door.
- Netflix’s documentary went in-depth into the case and has explored why Chris killed his own two daughters, Bella and Celeste, along with his wife ‘Shanann Watts ‘. They also had an unborn child who was also murdered.
- As per the trial and judge, he received 5 life sentences. He was convicted of murder and also tampering with a dead body.
- In 2020, Chris is serving his sentence in a Wisconsin prison.
- As per The Tab, Ronnie’s son is placed in 23-hour lockdowns and doesn’t have a good quality of life.