Denis Mukwege is a Congolese gynecologist and Pentecostal pastor. He is being safeguarded by the guard of the United Nations after receiving death threats. He is the Nobel Peace Prize winner of the year 2018. As a gynecologist, he has treated numerous rape victims throughout his career, along with the team of his colleagues.
All he ever did in his lifetime is to help and promote the wellbeing of people. Likewise, given the continued slaughter of civilians in the easter Democratic Republic of Congo, Dr. Mukwege had to speak against it. After this, he has been getting threatening remarks from social media and even direct phone calls.
|Age||65 years old|
|Height||5 feet and 10 inches (1.78 m)|
|Profession||Gynecologist and Pastor|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
|Wife||Madeleine Mapendo Kaboyi|
|Children||Two daughters and Three sons|
|Education||University of Burundi and University of Angers|
View this post on Instagram
“Ces temps désespérés exigent un leadership audacieux et déterminé. Le défi commun que représente le coronavirus nous rappelle, comme jamais auparavant, à quel point nous dépendons les uns des autres. Nous traversons une crise sanitaire sans précédent. Si elle peut tous nous affecter, elle expose les plus vulnérables à de nombreux risques supplémentaires. En raison des inégalités de genre, si profondément ancrées, les filles et les femmes vont vivre cette pandémie de façon différente. Nous, membres des Conseils consultatifs à l’égalité de genre du G7 2018 et 2019, appelons immédiatement les Etats membres à une action urgente et conjointe visant à accompagner les filles et les femmes de façon à empêcher la dégradation de l’égalité et le recul de leurs droits dans le monde.” (Lien en bio.) “Desperate times require bold and determined leadership. The COVID-19 virus represents a common challenge to the whole world and, like never before, reminds us of our interdependence. We are experiencing an unprecedented health crisis that can now affect anyone and exposes the most vulnerable to additional risks. Because of deep-rooted gender inequality, girls and women worldwide will also experience the COVID-19 pandemic differently. We, members of the 2018 and 2019 G7 Gender Equality Advisory Councils, urgently call on G7 member states for joint emergency action to respond to the particular challenges facing women and to prevent the deterioration of gender equality and women’s rights worldwide.” (Link in bio.) 📸: @huguet.alexis for @pierre.fabre.group / Pierre Fabre Foundation
10 Facts on Denis Mukwege
- Denis Mukwege (born on 1 March 1955) is a Congolese gynecologist as well as a Pentecostal pastor. His age is 65 years old. And, his zodiac sign is Pisces.
- His bio on Wikipedia is obviously present. After all, he is a Nobel Peace Prize winner of the year 2018 and he was jointly honored with the human rights activist, Nadia Murad.
- He is married to his wife, Madeleine Mapendo Kaboyi.
- He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his contribution to mitigating the use of sexual violence as a weapon of war and armed conflict. In his career of about two decades, he has served tens of thousands of rape victims.
- Born and currently based on the Democratic Republic of Congo, he is of Congolese nationality. And, he is of black ethnicity.
- As per the Celeb Net Worth, he has an estimated net worth of around $5 million dollars as of 2020.
- Denis Mukwege earned his medical degree from the University of Burundi and the University of Angers.
- He is the father of five children. Two of them are daughters while he has three sons.
- On Instagram, he has an account that has over 59 thousand followers.
- He has eight siblings in his family.