Desmond Bane is the new point guard acquired by the Memphis Grizzlies. He is a Texas Christian University graduate and was one of the best players on his college team.
Bane was drafted as the 30th pick overall by the Boston Celtics but was traded to the Grizzlies. Before getting drafted into the NBA, he was selected in the First-team of All-Big 12 in 2020.
In addition to this, he was also named the Big 12 Newcomer of the Week.
|Birthday||June 25, 1998|
|Height||6 feet 6 inches (1.98 m)|
|Weight||215 lb (98 kg)|
|Profession||Basketball Player in the NBA|
|Parents||Etieno Ekiko and Marissa Bane|
10 Facts About Desmond Bane
- Desmond Bane was born on June 25, 1998, and his age as of November 2020 is 22 years old. He was born to parents Etieno Ekiko and Marissa Bane.
- He has a height of 6 feet 6 inches (198 cm) and weighs in at 215 lb (98 kg).
- The star posted a photo of a girl with the caption of a heart emoji around 2 years ago but he has not revealed if she is his girlfriend or not.
- According to TheStreet, his projected salary per year is around $1,613,700. He might have his salary substantially increased after his first season.
- He was initially selected by the Boston Celtics but was traded to Memphis Grizzlies. He was touted to play shooting guard for the Celtics but could play point guard too for the Grizzlies.
- Before being drafted into the NBA, he was a player for the Lincoln Senior High School team and he subsequently became the first TCU student to be selected in the first round of the NBA Draft since 1995.
- He played 4 years for the TCU basketball team.
- Bane is of Mixed ethnicity, his father is Nigerian and his mother is an American.
- The basketballer had a childhood where he moved around a lot.
- He and his sister lived with their great-grandparents when they were young.