Édouard Mendy is 28 years old Senegalese football player. He plays as a goalkeeper for his national team and Rennes, a French Ligue 1 club. He is an excellent athlete and his talent has earned him recognition among football fans. Recently, Edouard was offered 22 million Euros to play for Chelsea.
The athlete is of Senegalese and Bissau-Guinean origins. Mendy initially played for Bissau-Guinean national team in few friendly matches to honor his father’s country, at that time when his father was very sick. He later decided to have a future in Senegal’s national team and rejected the call to play for Bissau-Guinean in the African Cup of Nations in 2017.
|Birthday||1 March 1992|
|Height||6 ft 6 inches|
|Net Worth||$8 Million|
10 Facts On Édouard Mendy
- Édouard Mendy was born on 1 March 1992 in Montivilliers, France as Édouard Osoque Mendy which makes me 28 years old as of 2020.
- The athlete has an impressive height of 6 feet 6 inches which is 1.93 meters. Mendy’s height and long reach give him the advantage to keep the ball out of the goalpost.
- Édouard has an athletic body built, his exact weight is 86 kg or 189.6 lbs.
- Mendy’s wears number 16 behind his jersey.
- Mendy started his football career by joining the academy of Le Havre AC when he was just 13 years old.
- Mendy is a citizen of Senegal he is of African / Black ethnicity.
- He is an Adidas sponsored athlete.
- The athlete’s net worth is estimated to be approximately 8 million dollars from some sources but this information has not been officially confirmed.
- With his rather attractive looks, height and success the athlete must have things working out well in his love life but as of now, we have not heard any names about his partner.
- Édouard has 83.6k followers in his Instagram account, he loves to share a picture of himself on the ground and hanging out with his colleague.