Jerry Kiernan is a former Irish marathon runner who had represented Ireland in the 1984 Olympics and was a participant in the Men’s marathon where he was placed in the ninth position. He was the winner of the Dublin marathon twice, winning it in 1982 and 1992.
Jerry sadly passed away on Wednesday, January 21, 2021, in his own home in Dublin, Ireland. It was reported that he was suffering from an illness for the past few months, his actual reason for death is yet to be announced. Tributes from different parts of the world including Ireland’s athletic commission are pouring for him.
A beloved sports figure in his native Ireland, Jerry Kiernan had lived a very private life. To help you know more about the well-known marathon runner, here are 10 facts about Jerry Kiernan:
Quick Facts: Jerry Kiernan Cause Of Death Revealed: Everything On His Wife And Children
|Birthday||31 May, 1953|
|Profession||Long Distance Runner|
Sad news. Rest In Peace, #JerryKiernan
Irish athletics legend Jerry Kiernan passes away, aged 67https://t.co/5h0S0zElmx
— Dermot Keyes (@DermotKeyes) January 21, 2021
10 Facts about Jerry Kiernan
- Jerry Kiernan kept the identities of his family and their whereabouts anonymous for the whole of his life up until his death in January 2021.
- He was a widely respected sportsman during the 1970s and 80s for Ireland, however, his net worth is a subject that still has no proper information.
- Jerry was born on May 31, 1953, in Listowel, Kerry, Ireland, he age at the time of his death was exactly 67 years old.
- In late 2020 it was reported by multiple sources that Jerry Kiernan was suffering from an undisclosed illness.
- On Wednesday, January 21, 2021, Jerry Kiernan passed away from that same illness in his own home in Dublin, Ireland.
- He was a two time Dublin marathon winner who managed to achieve the feat in two different decades, first in 1982 and then in 1992.
- Jerry was a part of Ireland’s national team that was present in the 1984 Olympics that was held in Los Angeles, United States.
- He worked as a commentator of the sport during his later years.
- A lesser-known fact about Jerry, he was a supporter of Catalan football side FC Barcelona.
- He had a dog called Ronan whose company Kiernan enjoyed.