Linda McNeil is an American national who is the ex-wife of the late American football player named Gale Sayers. Born as Gale Eugene Sayers was an American NFL star who played most of his NLF career at Chicago Bears. The former Chicago Bears legend died on September 23, 2020. He was 77 years old.
|Husband||Gale Sayers (1962 – 1973)|
Due to his knee problems, Gale Sayers only played professional football for seven seasons. Still, he is regarded as one of the finest NFL players of the 60s. He is the youngest Hall of Fame inductee who was inducted in 1977, at the age of 34.
Find out in detail about Gale Sayers’ ex-wife Linda McNeil here.
10 Facts on Linda McNeil
- Linda McNeil is an American national who is famed as the ex-wife of late American NFL star and NFL Hall of Fame inductee, Gale Sayers.
- Her ex-husband, Gale Sayers died at the age of 77. He died on September 22, 2020.
- Her ex-husband was battling dementia for three years. But the exact cause of his death is not public yet.
- Linda McNeil and the late NFL star were married for 11 years. The former couple got married in the year 1962. The finalized their divorce in 1973.
- Linda and the former Chicago Bears legend were college sweethearts.
- After his divorce with Linda McNeil, Gale Sayers got married to his second wife. Late NFL Hall of inductee Gale had six children from his two marriages.
- Regarding Linda’s age, the detail is still not public. Meanwhile, her husband died at the age of 77. He was born on May 30, 1943, in Wichita, Kanas.
- McNeil was raised by her American parents in her hometown in the US.
- The detail of her family life is not public. Also, it is not clear where she is now in 2020. As seen on Gale’s Wikipedia bio, he was born to father Roger Winfield Sayers and mother Bernice Ross.
- The first wife of the late Gale Sayers is not active on social media like Instagram and Twitter.