Angus Campbell is a well-known Australian army officer. Angus began serving in the Australian Army in 1981. General Angus John Campbell is a married man and has been married to his wife for a long time now. He and his wife have two grown-up children.
|Education||St Gregory’s College, Campbelltown|
Recently in November 2020, Angus Campbell gained nationwide attention after the army general released the findings of war crimes carried out by the Australian army in Afghanistan. The report alleges that the Australian army carried out dozens of unlawful killings.
Here are some lesser-known facts about Army officer Angus Campbell.
I acknowledge everyone who has come forward to the Inquiry. I appreciate this is a challenging time and I reiterate the importance of reaching out to support services at any time. (3/3)
IGADF report: https://t.co/B8qVeD0u5c
— General Angus Campbell (@CDF_Aust) November 19, 2020
10 Facts on Angus Campbell
- General Angus Campbell is a senior officer serving in the Australian army since the year 1981. He is serving as the Chief of the Defence Force starting on July 6, 2018.
- Before joining as the Chief of the Defence, Angus Campbell served as Commander Operation Sovereign Borders. from 2013 to 2015. From May 2016 to June 2018, Angus served as the Chief of Army.
- Angus Campbell attended St Gregory’s College, Campbelltown. Later, he joined the Royal Military College.
- Campbell began his army career in 1981. He began his career at Royal Australian Regiment, 3rd Battalion.
- General Angus Campbell has a good fan following on Twitter. His Twitter account has 17.4k followers. He is also on Facebook.
- The detail about Angus Campbell’s age and birthday is not public yet. He could be in his 40s now.
- Angus is a married man. He is married to his wife Stephanie Copus-Campbell for years now. The couple has two grown-up children.
- General Angus Campbell’s wife Stephanie is a former AUSAIDofficial. She currently works as the chief executive officer at Oil Search Foundation.
- General Angus is a recipient of the Officer of the Order of Australia, Commander of the Legion of Merit.
- The detail of his net worth is not public. As per reports, the annual income of the Chief of the Defence Force in the Australian Army is $800 thousand.