Gloria Carter is the mother of American rapper Jay Z. She is also known for a generous social worker and philanthropist.
|Net Worth||$1 Billion dollars|
|Children||Michelle, Andrea, Eric and Jay Z.|
|Divorce||Adnis Reeves (Dead)|
Jay-Z is extremely close to his mother. As a matter of fact, Gloria raised Jay-Z and her 3 other children as a single mother.
In 2013, She also came out a lesbian.
10 Facts on Gloria Carter
- Gloria Carter is an American philanthropist. She the mother of renowned American rapper and businessperson Jay Z. Her age and date of birth are currently off the web.
- Gloria was wife to Adnis Reeves. The couple gave birth to 4 children together: Michelle, Andrea, Eric and Shawn, aka Jay Z.
- In 1980, the family fell apart when Jay-Z’s father left the family. As a result, Carter had to raise her four children as a single mother. Moreover, she settled in Brooklyn with her children and worked hard.
- In 2003, Carter’s ex-husband died of liver cancer. In spite of the past differences, she insisted her children to meet their father during his last stage.
- Speaking about her other family members, Gloria is the mother-in-law to singer Beyonce. This also makes Gloria grandmother to Beyonce and Jay-Z’s three children (Blue Ivy, Rumi and Sir).
- Gloria is the co-founder of the “Shawn Carter Foundation”. She runs the organization along with her son Jay-Z. It helps economically disadvantaged people to pursue education.
- In 2013, Carter came out as a lesbian. She was rumoured to be dating Diana Diaz. Despite the rumours, Jay-Z was supportive of his mother and even wrote a song for her.
- With her contributions to social welfare, Gloria was awarded a GLAAD Media Awards in 2018. She was handed the special recognition awards.
- The philanthropist’s net worth is under review. However, Jay-Z shares a net worth of $1 billion dollars with his mother.
- Gloria isn’t active on any social media to date. She likes to live a private life away from public attention.