Gloria La Riva is an American socialist activist. She has been nominated by PSL and Peace and Freedom Party for the 2020 US Presidential Candidacy. She is the most successful among all of the socialist presidential candidates and has been able to get the most votes among them in her political career.
She was born in New Mexico and grew up there. Growing up she was influenced by socialist ideology and has worked intensively to bring the changes she feels that are necessary. Her main topic for activism centers around labor, racism, climate change, and anti-war.
|Name||Gloria La Riva|
|Birthday||August 13, 1954|
|Profession||Newspaper Printer, activist|
10 Facts On Gloria La Riva
- Gloria La Riva was born on August 13, 1954, in Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States. As of 2020, she is 66 years old.
- Gloria appears to have an average height, her exact measurement is not available.
- She went to Brandeis University for her higher education, information regarding her major or degree has not been shared.
- According to the record, she is married, her husband’s name is Richard.
- She is associated with the Peace and Freedom Party and the Party for Socialism and Liberation (PSL). Talking about her political affiliation she was previously a member of the Workers World Party.
- Her information is available on Wikipedia where details about her political life could be learned. You can also visit her Campaign website by clicking here.
- One of her major political works in defending Cuba’s sovereignty and standing against the US blockade. She received Cuba’s friendship Medal in 2010.
- In 1983 she ran as a candidate for mayor of San Francisco, again in 1994 and 1998 she was a candidate for governor of California.
- She translated 1997’s Fidel Castro’s book Cuba at the Crossroads. She has also produced award-winning documentary videos.
- Her Twitter account has 18.3k followers. The majority of her posts are political. She loves to share her political views and influence her followers in her social media outlets.