Chris van Heerden is a South African professional boxer who is regarded as a top fighter on the African continent. Nicknamed, “The Heat” he rose to the limelight in 2009 after winning the International Boxing Organization’s championship title within the welterweight category.
Chris began his professional career in 2006 and has won numerous South African titles and ABU welterweight titles.
|Name||Chris van Heerden|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches (1.75 meters)|
|Parents||Daniel Christoffel Van Heerden|
— FanSided MMA (@FanSidedMMA) December 19, 2020
10 Facts On Chris van Heerden
- Chris van Heerden is 33 years old by age and was born on June 19, 1987. His birth sign is Gemini.
- He hails from Johannesburg, South Africa, and is one of the thirteen children of his parents. He is a sister named Wilma Van Heerden.
- His father’s name is Daniel Christoffel Van Heerden. Daniel was shot in South African street during a heated argument with a security guard in December 2018.
- He has an athletic build body type. He stands at a height of 5 feet 9 inches (1.75 meters).
- Heerden’s first loss in the professional ring was in 2010. He lost to Serbian Ivica Stevanovic for the IBF Inter-Continental light middleweight title.
- The fighter has a professional boxing record of 26-2-1 (12 KO). Currently, he is signed with Evander Holyfield’s Real Deal Promotions.
- Similarly, he signed a promotional deal with Top Rank Boxing in November 2018.
- His net worth is contributed by the prize money he won from different championships. He has won different championships including the WBA Pan African welterweight title, IBO welterweight title, and more.
- Chris previously dated Katie Cherry, who was later rumored to be dating Ben Affleck. He was a trainer of Ben Affleck’s ex-wife, Jennifer Garner.
- He is active on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. He has amassed over 150k followers on his Instagram account.