A veteran American singer, guitarist, and professional baseball player, Charley Pride, sadly ended his musical career because of his tragic demise. He passed away on Saturday, 13 December 2020, at the age of 86.
Charley’s musical career success came in the early-mid-1970s. At the time, he became the best-selling performer for RCA Records since Elvis Presley. Moreover, he even became successful to earned 52 top-10 hits on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
Besides, he was the first Black performer to become a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame.
|Height||6′ 1″ (1.85 m)|
|Profession||Singer, Baseball Player|
|Net Worth||$40 Million|
|Children||Dion Pride, Kraig Pride, and Angela Pride.|
Charley Pride, the trailblazing country musician with dozens of hits and 70 million records sold, died Saturday from complications from COVID-19. He was 86. https://t.co/wucFB1Dken pic.twitter.com/btoBU6Sid5
— ABC7 News (@abc7newsbayarea) December 13, 2020
10 Facts On Charley Pride
- Charley Pride was born on 18 March 1934 in Sledge, Mississippi. His nationality was American, and his ethnicity was African-American.
- His full name was Charley Frank Pride. He was also famous for his nickname “Country” Charlie Pride and recognized as The Pride of Country Music.
- Charley died on Saturday on 13 December 2020, in Dallas, Texas. At the time of his death, his age was 86.
- How did he die? He passed away from complications due to COVID-19, as confirmed by his publicist.
- Talking about his family, he was the fourth of eleven kids to their parents. Eight of his siblings are brothers, and three are sisters. His parents were sharecroppers.
- Before inaugurating their career in music, he had played professional baseball. Also, he served in the US Army. Later, he finally began his musical journey in 1963 when he moved to Nashville, the US.
- Before his death, he had garnered a net worth of about $40 Million from his diverse career, as per Celebrity Net Worth.
- Was he married? He indeed was married, and his wife’s name is Rozene Cohran. The pair never split, and in fact, Rozene stayed with him till his last breath. They shared the wedding vows on 28 December 1956.
- Together, Charley and Rozene got blessed with three kids: two sons name Dion Pride, Kraig Pride, and a daughter Angela Pride.
- “Just Between You and Me” was the song that led him to fame. He even was nominated for the Grammy Award.