John le Carre is widely recognized as one of the best British authors of fictional espionage novels. In the 1950s and 1960s, he worked for British Intelligent Service and Secret Intelligence Service. His most acclaimed work came from his third novel, The Spy Who Came in from the Cold which was released in 1963 and went to became an international success.
The legendary author passed at the age of 89 from pneumonia at the Royal Cornwall Hospital. Let’s look at some of the facts about the British popular spy novel author, John le Carre in the following article.
|Name||John le Carre|
|Birthday||19 October 1931|
|Parents||Ronald Thomas Archibald Cornwell (Father); Olive Moore Cornwell (Mother)|
|Net Worth||$ 100 million|
|Wife||Alison Ann Veronica Sharp (m 1954 div 1971); Valérie Jane Eustace (m 1972)|
|Education||University of Bern; Lincoln College|
10 Facts on John le Carre
- John le Carre is a legend when comes to British spy novels. He was born on 19 October 1931 in Poole, England, UK.
- He was 89 at the time of his death. John was the son of Ronald Thomas Archibald Cornwell and Olive Moore Cornwell.
- John also has an older sibling brother, Tony Cornwell, and younger siblings brother and sister whose names are Rupert Cornwell and Charlotte Cornwell respectively.
- He obtained his college education at the Top European universities such as the University of Bern (Switzerland) and Lincoln College (UK).
- Talking about his personal life, John le Curre has been married twice in his lifetime.
- He married his first wife, Alison Ann Veronica Sharp in the year 1954. The duo shares three children between them; Stephen, Simon, and Timothy.
- However, they divorced in 1971. A year later in 1972, John married his second wife, Valérie Jane Eustace, who was an editor for the Hodder and Stoughton.
- The lovely couple is also blessed with a son named, Nick Harkaway, who is an accomplished British novelist.
- John spent most of his time with his family at St Buryna Cornwall for many decades and owner of a mile cliff which is very near to Land’s End situated in Western Cornwall, England.
- As per the famous online site, CelebrityNetWorth.com, John le Carré has accumulated a whopping net worth of $100 million (£75million) at the time of his death in December 2020.