Dougie Hamilton is an eminent ice hockey player who hails from Canada. He is currently playing as a defenceman player for Carolina Hurricanes of the National Hockey League (NHL). He has been professionally playing hockey since 2013.
Similarly, Hamilton won the bronze medal in the 2012 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships held in Canada. Before Carolina Hurricanes, he was drafted by Boston Bruins in 2013. He played in the team for 3 seasons and was traded to Calgary Flames in 2015. Later, he was again traded by the Calgary Flames to Carolina Hurricanes in 2018.
Quick Facts: Dougie Hamilton
|Birthday||June 17, 1993|
|Height||6 feet 6 inches|
|Parents||Doug Hamilton, Lynn Polson|
|Education||Crestwood Preparatory College|
10 Facts About Dougie Hamilton
- Dougie Hamilton is 27 years of age as he was born in the year 1993. He celebrates his birthday on June 17 every year.
- The player was born to Doug Hamilton (father) and Lynn Polson (mother) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Dougie’s career is highly influenced by his parents as they both were members of Team Canada for the 1984 Summer Olympics (in rowing and basketball, respectively).
- Similarly, his elder brother Freddie played for the Arizona Coyotes but is now retired from professional hockey.
- According to Dougie’s Wikipedia bio, he stands quite tall, i.e., his height is 6 feet and 6 inches. Also, he has maintained his body mass at 104kg.
- Is Dougie Hamilton Married? No, the player does not seem to be married at the moment. We are also not sure if he is dating someone.
- Furthermore, on 23 June 2018, Calgary Flames traded Dougie Hamilton, Micheal Ferlund, and Adam Fox to Carolina Hurricanes for Noah Hanifin and Elias Lindholm.
- Various news portals suggest that Dougie Hamilton’s salary is $6,000,000, and his net worth is estimated to be $36,798,963.
- Dougie Hamilton is a Canadian Ice Hockey player who has maintained an appreciable player’s stats.
- Well, the player is available on Instagram as @dougieham. Moreover, he has earned 26.4k followers on his verified account.