Jocelyn Benson is recognized as Michigan’s 43rd Secretary of State. As a Secretary of State, she concentrates on elections security and accessibilities and improving customer experiences for all who interact with their offices. Before that, Benson served as the dean of Wayne State University Law School in Detroit, Michigan.
Currently, Benson has been making a headline on the internet, when she came up with the incident that happened on 5 December 2020. A mass of people/demonstrator with armed arrived outside of their Detroit house.
|Profession||Michigan’s 43rd Secretary of State|
|Education||Wellesley College (BA) Magdalen College, Oxford (MA) Harvard University|
10 Facts On Jocelyn Benson
- Jocelyn Benson was born in 1977. Her birthday falls on 22 October. As of 2020, she is 43 years old.
- Where does Jocelyn Benson live? Currently, she lives in Detroit, Michigan, United States. She was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States.
- Benson has a wide educational background. She completed her BA in political science from Wellesley College in 1999. Later, she joined the University of Oxford where he earned M Phil, a degree in Sociology.
- Furthermore, a lady with a decade of expertise as a national leader in election law and administration graduated from Harvard Law School with a JD degree in Civil Right and Election Law in 2004.
- In addition to being Michigan’s 43rd Secretary of State, she is also a co-founder of Military Spouses of Michigan. She also worked as Wayne State University Law School’s dean.
- Besides that, she is the author of the book named State Secretaries of State: Guardians of the Democratic Process.
- Benson is indeed a married woman. She is currently in a relationship with her husband Ryan Friedrichs and has been married since 2006. Ryan is a former Detroit’s chief development officer.
- Not only is she a proud wife, but is also a mother. The 43-years-old mother has a four-year-old son named Aiden.
- On 5 December 2020, there occurred an incident outside her house. She confirmed that armed protesters arrived outside of their Detroit house and target her. Further, she confirmed on her tweet that the warnings actually endeavored at the 5.5million Michigan citizens who voted in this fall’s election.
- She is active on both Instagram and Twitter accounts. On her Instagram with username @jocelynbenson, she has over 5.4k followers. Likewise, she is verified on her Twitter account @JocelynBenson and has 93.9k followers.