With rumors swirling around about Leylah Annie Fernandez ethnicity, fans wonder if she is a Filipino. Who are her parents?
Leylah Annie Fernandez is a Canadian tennis player who has won her first WTA Tour singles title at the 2021 Monterrey Open. Leylah has also made it to the Australian Open Girls’ Singles Final where she lost to Clara Tauson on 25th January 2019.
She has a career record of 62.8% win in her total matches played.
Is Leylah Annie Fernandez Filipino?
Leylah Annie Fernandez is definitely a Filipino. But also, she is of a mixed ethinicty.
Born to an Ecuadorian father and a Toronto mother of Filipino origin, Leylah Annie Fernandez has Filipino descent through her mother’s background.
Leylah Annie Fernandez Parents Background and Boyfriend
Talking about Leylah Annie Fernandez parents, they are Filipinos. In fact, her father Jorge is from Ecuador who is also a former soccer player and his mother is from Toronto, suggests Wikipedia.
However, her mother’s name is still behind the curtain so far. She also has a younger sister Bianca Jolie who is also a tennis player.
Leylah Annie Fernandez has never spoken about her boyfriend. She has been quite low-key related to her personal life. However, she is quite young to have a dating life.
|Name||Leylah Annie Fernandez|
|Height||5 feet 6 inches|
Some Interesting Facts About Leylah Annie Fernandez
- Leylah Annie Fernandez is already embraced on the official page of Wikipedia. Thus, one can get a myriad of information through her Wiki page.
- Hailing from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Leylah Annie Fernandez is of Canadian nationality.
- As per Leylah’s Wikipedia, she stands with an average height of 5 feet 6 inches (1.68m).
- Born on 6 September 2002, Leylah Annie Fernandez is still in her teenage. In fact, she is just 18 years of age as of now.
- The Instagram handle of Leylah Annie is under the username @leylahannietennis. She has amassed over 12k followers to date.