Is Ozzy Wiesblatt deaf? There are a lot of speculations among the fans that the San Jose Sharks newly drafted right-winger is deaf. The rumors are logical as the player used the sign language to speak his name during the draft. But he is not deaf. It was just a gesture of respect towards his mother who is deaf. He and his other four siblings use sign language to communicate with her.
As for Ozzy, big days are coming as he successfully gets drafted in the first round by the San Jose Sharks. It made him the 31st overall pick of the NHL Draft 2020. He initially played in the Western Hockey League for the Prince Albert Raiders. Before he tears defenses apart in the NHL, let’s find out a few facts to know about the promising right-winger.
|Height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Profession||Ice Hockey Player|
10 Facts on Ozzy Wiesblatt
- Ozzy Wiesblatt is not deaf despite using sign language during the draft.
- He did it for his mother as she is deaf and uses sign language to communicate within the family.
- Moreover, his whole family was present during the draft.
- His legendary selections were thoroughly enjoyed by his parents, especially his mother, Kim White.
- Speaking of his family, he has four other siblings as well.
- The right-winger is from Alberta Canada. He comes from a native Canadian ethnic group.
- Moreover, Ozzy Wiesblatt was selected by the San Jose Sharks as the 31st overall pick of the 2020 draft. It was really a prideful moment for the young player.
- Talking about his age, he is just 18 years old. His birthday lies on March 9 every year.
- Ozzy Wiesblatt is present on Instagram and has more than 4000 followers.
- Not only that he also has a well dedicated Wikipedia biography. The winger more than deserves it though.