Susan Collins is a popular politician who currently serves as the United States Senator for Maine. She had assumed her office back on January 3, 1997, which means that she has already served for 23 years in this position. Also, she remains the chair of the Senate Ageing Committee since January 3, 2015.
|Birthday||December 7, 1952|
|Parents||Donald Collins and Patricia McGuigan|
|Net Worth||$4 million|
|Husband||Thomas Daffron (m. 2012)|
|Education||Caribou High School, St. Lawrence University|
Who did she vote for? When Susan Collins was asked to vote, she voted in favor of Kavanaugh, according to AP News. Since her term ends on January 3, 2021, she is now fighting her position and is now running for re-election which is to be held on November 3, 2020. She had advanced from the Republican primaries back on July 14, 2020.
10 Facts on Susan Collins:
- Susan Collins revealed her religion as a Catholic Christian but she is always against any type of discrimination based on religion.
- Since she was born on December 7, 1952, her current age is exactly 67 years.
- As we mentioned earlier, Susan Collins has been serving the Republican Political Party right now.
- Previously, she had served as the chair of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.
- Talking about her married life, Susan Collins has been married to her husband named Thomas Daffron since the year 2012.
- Moving on to her education, she had completed her high school education from Caribou High School.
- Later, she had completed her BA degree in Government from St. Lawrence University back in the year 1975.
- Coming to Susan Collins’ background, she was born in Caribou, Maine, United States, and thus, her nationality is said to be American but we do not actually know about her ethnicity.
- Speaking more about Susan Collins’ family, she has a total number of five siblings.
- Moreover, she was born to her parents whose names are Donald Collins and Patricia McGuigan.