Jay Monahan is the commissioner of golf’s PGA tour (Professional Golf Association). He was the commissioner of the PGA in the year 2017 and since then has been in the post. Previously he was in the company as a senior vice president for business development, executive vice president, chief marketing officer and deputy commissioner when he joined the company in the year 2008.
Joseph William “Jay” Monahan IV is mostly known as Jay Manahan has been guiding the company to its next level and helping it grow since he has been appointed as a commissioner of the organization. He is among the highest-earning commissioner who has previously been in the organization. He took over the post from Tim Finchem who ran on the post for almost 22 years and led the company to another greater height.
|Birthday||May 7, 1970|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Net Worth||$20 million|
|Salary||$3.9 million as of 2017|
PGA TOUR Commissioner Jay Monahan provides an update on THE PLAYERS Championship and beyond. https://t.co/PmWDICHvuG
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) March 12, 2020
10 Facts about Jay Monahan:
- Jay Monahan was born on May 7, 1970, in Belmont, Massachusetts, US and he is currently 50 years of age.
- Jay is married to Susan and they together have two daughters together and are currently living in Florida, USA.
- He completed his high school from two high schools and they are Belmont High School and Lawrenceville School and later completed his graduation from the University of Massachusetts Amherst in 1995.
- He was very much into sports from an early age as played Golf when he was introduced to golf from his teenage and he used to play hockey as well so this mindset helped him later achieve the goal and post that he has claimed now.
- Jay Monahan’s net worth is approximately more than $20 million as he has earned from his post way back in 2008 and when he took over the commissioner post in 2017.
- Jay Monahan Annual salary in 2017 was 3.9 million dollars and currently, his salary is more than 3.9 million and including all the bonuses and incentives.
- Jay has decided not to take his salary for an indefinite period of time because of the COVID-19 pandemic and has made a 25% pay cut to his higher management staff as well.
- Jay is also into the charity work as in 2003 when he was just 32 he collected $5 million dollars from the golf to fight against cancer and help the people who are in need of it.
- His height is approximately 5 feet and 8 inches tall.
- He doesn’t have any kind of social media platform as he stays away from it.