Jean Mensa is a Ghanaian lawyer and politician, currently serving as chairperson of Ghana’s Electoral Commission. She is also a former Institute of Economic Affairs’ (IEA) Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA). There she served for over 18 years. Besides, she also worked as a junior lawyer at Amarkai Amarteifio Chambers and BJ Da Rocha Chambers.
She is currently making a headline for her controversy with the former president of Ghana, John Mahama. In December 2020, John even warned her not to compile a news voter’ register.
|Husband||Dr. Charles Mensa|
|Education||University of Ghana|
GREATER ACCRA REGION – CERTIFIED PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS:
For the information of the Public and all Stakeholders, below are the Certified 2020 Presidential Election results for the Greater Accra region of Ghana. #LetTheCitizenKnow #GhanaElections2020 pic.twitter.com/IqeLKcs09L
— Electoral Commission Of Ghana (@ECGhanaOfficial) December 9, 2020
10 Facts On Jean Mensa
- Jean Mensa’s real name is Jean Adukwei Mensa. Details about her birthday and age is yet to get confirmed.
- Since she is a native of Ghana, Jean holds the Ghanian nationality, and her ethnicity is African. Also, her religion is Christianity, as per the wiki.
- After completing her high schooling at St. Mary’s Senior High School, Jean enrolled at the University of Ghana. There she graduated with a degree in Law in 1993.
- Furthermore, she earned an executive education at the Harvard Business School in the year 2018.
- The same year in 2018, Jean was elected as the Chairperson of the Electoral Commission of Ghana. Also, she is the Executive Director of the Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA).
- Jean and John Mahama have a controversy these days. John warned her not to collect the new voter’s register. Also, he claimed that Jean would be responsible if the country faces problems after completing the 2020th general elections.
- She has been serving as the leader in policy research and advocacy for two decades. Earlier, Jean was involved in developing policies like; the Presidential Transition Act of 2012 and the Revised 1992 Constitution of Ghana (draft).
- Who is Jean Mensa married to? Jean is reportedly in a married relationship with her husband, Dr. Charles Mensa. Charles is the founder and Chairman of the Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA). Together, they are the parents of three kids.
- Being an established lady in politics and a chairperson of the Electoral Commission of Ghana, Jean’s name has been included in the Wikipedia page. Also, read some exclusive details about her personal life on our website.
- Jean is active on her Facebook page with a username @JeanMensa1. To date, she has only 3.7k followers on her page.