John W Henry is an American Businessman and investor who is a principal owner of the American Baseball club The Boston Red Sox and the English Football club Liverpool.
Along with sports, John has invested his money in The Boston Globe which is an American Daily Newspaper. He is also the co-owner of Roush Fenway Racing which is an American stock car organization that competes in the NASCAR cup series.
|Name||John W Henry|
|Birthday||September 13, 1949|
|Children||Two Daughters One Son|
This was a season for the ages and for the faithful of Liverpool Football Club. It has been an incredible year of magnificent achievement culminating tonight in capturing the Premier League title.
— John W. Henry (@John_W_Henry) June 25, 2020
10 Facts about John W Henry
- In 2009 John Henry a 60-year-old married then 31-year-old, Linda Pizzuti. The couple has been together for 11 years and has two children, a son, and a daughter.
- Before marrying Linda, John was married to author Peggy Sue from 1998 to 2008. The couple were together for 10 years and have a daughter.
- As of 2020, John Henry’s net worth is estimated to be $2.8 Billion.
- John opened his company JWH in 1981. The company ran for over 30 years but got shut down on December 31, 2012, and informed its clients that it would no longer manage their assets.
- Before being the principal owner of the Red Sox, Henry had purchased a small interest in the New York Yankees in 1991.
- In 2001 John Henry and Tom Werner established New England Sports Ventures which would later change to Fenway Sports Group. It is the parent company of The Boston Red Sox and Liverpool FC.
- Henry along with Tom Werner purchased the Boston Red Sox in February 2002 with Henry as the principal owner and Werner the Chairman.
- In October 2010, Fenway Sports Group became the owners of Liverpool FC after the fans had had enough of the previous owners and demanded changes.
- In 2007 Fenway Sports Group purchased a 50% stake in Roush Fenway Racing.
- John is available on Twitter, his account @John_W_Henry has 499k followers, 30 followings with 565 tweets.