American writer Joseph Epstein is renowned as the former editor of the magazine The American Scholar. He worked there for more than two decades till 1997.
At the moment, Joseph is gaining media attention for his controversy with Jill Biden. He became the highlight when Jill responded to Joseph’s criticism about her.
|Education||University of Chicago, Adelphi University.|
Together, we will build a world where the accomplishments of our daughters will be celebrated, rather than diminished.
— Dr. Jill Biden (@DrBiden) December 14, 2020
10 Facts On Joseph Epstein
- Joseph Epstein was born on 9 January 1937. As of 2020, he is 83 years old.
- His hometown lies in Chicago, Illinois, the US. So, Joseph’s nationality is American, and his ethnicity is white.
- After completing high schooling at Senn High School, Epstein enrolled at the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign. Later, he joined the US Army and did his Bachelor’s from the University of Chicago.
- Furthermore, he graduated with an honorary doctorate from Adelphi University.
- The controversy arose when Joseph mocked Jill for her academic career. He had written an opinion piece for the Wall Street Journal in December 2020, where he suggested Jill stop using the academic title ‘Dr.” He told her that she had no right to call herself a doctor because she doesn’t belong to medical background.
- She responded to Joseph’s criticism and tweeted, saying that she wishes to build a world where females’ accomplishments will be celebrated rather than diminished.
- Who is Joseph Epstein married to? He indeed is a married man, and his wife is Barbara Maher. They shared the wedding vows in February 1976. Barbara is his second wife.
- From his first marriage, he has two sons named Mark and Burton. However, the identity of his first spouse is unknown.
- Epstein’s bio is available on the Wikipedia page. Also, you can check out his personal life details on our website.
- Despite his involvement in the reputed media companies, his actual net worth is yet to get disclosed. Once we get the fact, we will update it.