Kathy Martin is a runner, from Northport, New York, who started running at the age of 30 for fitness. She does not have a Wikipedia page of her own.
Kathy Martin is also working as a realtor who works for 60 – 70 hours a week and has been identified as the running realtor.
Kathy Martin Runner Wikipedia
Kathy can be found on the Wikipedia page for the list of master world record in running.
Kathy Martin started running at the age of 30 when she couldn’t even run a mile without stopping and started running for fitness.
Running became a passion she had no idea that she had any talent for.
Kathy runs every day, some days for sanity some for the sheer joy of being outside. She typically logs between 3 and 40 weekly miles in six sessions, with a long run of up to 12 miles.
To date, Kathu has run 13 highly competitive races, including the Chicago Marathon and a cross-country championship in Seattle.
Kathy Martin: About Diet
Kathy Martin had something to say about diets on the Elevate Fitness website.
She emphasized a balanced diet stating, “This does not have to be a complete meal, but it needs to be balanced enough to substitute for one if needed.”
- Unsalted nuts. Walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, cashews, Brazil nuts. (These will provide protein and good fat)
- Raw Veggies. They are crisp, juicy, cold and sweet, and full of the micronutrients your body craves.
- Protein shakes – easy, portable, and good for you
- Cheese (PLEASE USE MODERATION IF AT ALL). If you eat dairy, having a small slice of your favorite cheese will give you a complete protein, a little fat, and be very comforting.
- Nut butter. Cashew, almond, peanut…find your favorite. Almond butter is great on a banana; cashew butter is perfect on whole-grain crackers.
- Boiled eggs. Do you like cold, salted boiled eggs? They are a powerhouse of protein. Just be sure to get free-range eggs.
- Water. You have to drink water.
Kathy Martin: Bio And Age
Kathy Martin is a 65-year-old runner who holds 9 American records and 2 world records for her age group.
Kathy Martin: Husband
Kathy’s Husband is Chuck Gross, a onetime runner who quit running because of his bum knees.
He works as a building contractor. He is the guiding hand in charge of his wife’s daily workouts and sets the travel schedule. He signs up his wife for as many events as she can handle, maximizing her chances at titles and records.
Kathy Martin: Achievements
Kathy is a 9 time Masters Cross Country Champion and was nominated the USATF Masters Athlete of the Year in 2014. She is graded at close to 100% in almost every distance she has competed in, for comparison 90% is considered world-class.
PRS since age 40:
- MILE 5:14
- 5K: 17:23
- 8K: 28:57
- 10K: 36:31
- HALF MARATHON: 1:22:24
AGE-GROUP WORLD RECORDS AND AMERICAN RECORDS AT DISTANCES FROM 800 METERS TO 50K
Meet Kathy Martin on Instagram
Kathy Martin has not made an Instagram account. but she is very active on Facebook where her posts are more related to her work as a realtor.
She can be found on Facebook as Kathy Martin – The Running Realtor