Larry Householder who is the Republican speaker of House of Representatives of Ohio got arrested this Tuesday morning along with four others on the charge of being connected to bribery scheme of about $60 Million dollars. Larry is one of the most powerful Republican in Ohio.
According to the US Attorney David M. DeVillers, this conspiracy is the largest bribery and money laundering scheme that has been conspired against the people of Ohio state. Here are 10 facts we know about Larry Householder and about why he got arrested.
|Name||Larry Lee Householder|
|Birthday||June 6, 1959|
|Profession||Politics, House of Speaker of Ohio|
|Education||Ohio State University|
10 Facts on Larry Householder
- Larry Householder was born on 6th June 1959, in Glenford, Ohio, United States. He is currently 61 years old. He grew up in the Junction City of Ohio where he worked at his family farm.
- Larry had completed his education from Ohio State University. He graduated in 1983 with a degree in Political Science.
- Moving on to his family, he is married to Taundra Householder and has five children together. All his children are sons. Larry and Taundra have recently been grandparents also. The Householder family lives on a farm in Perry County of Ohio.
- About his career, he used to run an Insurance agency before he ran for the election.
- Larry is from a Republican party. He represents the Perry Country, Coshocton County and Licking County of Ohio.
- He first got elected to the State House in 1997. He was re-elected three times. And in 2001, he was elected to the highest post of the House, Speaker of the Ohio House of Representatives, and served until 2004 as his term got limited.
- He ran for the election to become house member again in 2016 and assumed his office of Speaker of the House again in 2019.
- On Tuesday, July 21st, 2020, Larry got arrested by the Federal Officers on charges of corruption. He was involved in a bribing scheme of around $60 million dollars by conspiring with a foundering energy company.
- It was not the first time that Larry Householder has been investigated by the FBI. He was under investigation in 2004 for the allegations regarding money laundering and illegal campaign practices. However, the investigation was closed without filing any charges.
- The criminal complaint that leads to the arrest of Larry Householder mentions that Larry has created an enterprise called “Generation Now Ohio” from which he can collect large amounts of bribe money for him and other involved persons to bail the nuclear plants of Foundering Energy Company. Generation Now was meant for social welfare without disclosing the donors’ names.