Verna Aho is the wife of Lauri Markkanen, a Finnish professional basketball player for the Chicago Bulls of the National Basketball Association (NBA). She is a vegan, animal, and human rights, activist.
Verna and Lauri have a son together, Alvar who was born in February 2018. Aho gave birth to Alvar when she was 20. Lauri announced the news via his Instagram.
Her works involve nurturing and healing the pain. In an interview, she has said that healing yourself results in you becoming a healer of others and you are healing the planet. Verna greatly places herself with living a zero-waste life, animal and human rights, and practicing yoga. Verna is also very enthusiastic about statement goals, such as not buying clothes for a year to save on waste.
10 Facts About Verna Aho
- The animal and human rights activist was born in Helsinki, Finland hence her ethnicity is white and her nationality is Finnish.
- Verna Aho hasn’t revealed her age yet for some reasons but she seems to be in her early twenties given that her husband is 23.
- Aho moved to the United States of America when Markkanen began his professional career in the NBA.
- She has known Lauri Markkanen since high school and has been married to the basketball star for 3 years i.e. they got married in 2017.
- Verna Aho’s net worth is still under review however her husband’s annual average salary is reported to be $4,178,880.
- Lauri Markkanen’s wife’s roots lie in Jyväskylä, a city in Finland in the western part of the Finnish Lakeland.
- Verna maintains a very passionate blog that covers many of her recipes and vegan food.
- She is the daughter-in-law of Pekka and Riikka Markkanen, who both were professional basketball players although her parent’s information is still missing.
- Verna committed to living a zero-waste life in March of 2017 and called the fashion industry uneconomical and harmful for the environment.
- Verna Aho’s Instagram Bio is Verna ڤـيـرنـا., where she has 3,838 followers and usually shares her family’s pictures on it.