Lisa Montgomery is an American convicted felon whose case has a Wikipedia page. She was convicted for the murder of an 8-month pregnant lady, Bobbie Jo Stinnett. Moreover, she is currently on federal death row who is set to be executed by lethal injection.
Lisa will be the first woman to be executed by the US Federal government in more than 70 years if the execution happens.
However, her case has seen a recent turn of events as her execution was halted. Her lawyers were infected by Covid-19 due to which the judge has given more time for them to prepare. The date of execution has been set to 12 January.
The whole process might also be a tactic as the US will have a different administration starting from January 20 and Joe Biden is against the death penalty.
— #SaveLisa (@DeathPenaltyWW) December 8, 2020
10 Facts on Lisa Montgomery
- Lisa Montgomery is an American federal inmate who was convicted for the murder of an 8-month pregnant woman, Bobbie Stinnett, in 2004.
- Moreover, there is a whole Wikipedia page dedicated to Lisa Montgomery and her case.
- As of 2020, Lisa Montgomery is 52 years old. She was 36 when she murdered the woman.
- She was born on February 27, 1968, in Melvin, Kansas.
- Moving on, Lisa Montgomery is a married woman. Her husband is Kevin Montgomery.
- Furthermore, Lisa Montgomery comes from a family with a background of violence and mental torture, as per her lawyers.
- Lisa befriended a 23-year-old pregnant woman in Missouri through email.
- Afterward, she went to Bobbie’s home and strangled her. Lisa also removed her 8-month child from her womb by using a kitchen knife.
- As per her confession, Lisa Montgomery wanted to claim the child for herself.
- But instead, she became a federal inmate as she got arrested on December 17, 2004. Lisa will soon face execution for her crimes.