Louise Glück is an American poet who has just been announced as the winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature for the ear 2020. She is also a professor as poetry is not the most in-demand profession in the world. No matter what, her perseverance has paid at last as she was just hours ago bestowed with this good news.
She has been described by her peers and critics as an autobiographical poet because she always infuses parts of her life in her poems. That’s a nice way to do it. The more personal it is, the better it becomes. Let’s just get to know Louise more intimately here today!
|Birthday||April 22, 1943|
|Parents||Daniel Glück and Beatrice Glück|
10 Facts On Louise Glück
- Louise Glück is currently 77 years old. That’s a normal age where people get Nobel Prize unless you are Malala.
- She was born on April 22, 1943, in New York City and had a beautiful childhood in the city.
- A lot has been written about her work and life. A Wikipedia page can be cited as the most reliable source to get information about her life.
- Her father was Daniel Glück and the name of her mother is Beatrice Glück. Her father was a businessman whereas her mother was a housemaker.
- Louise suffered from anorexia nervosa in her high school years but she triumphantly overcame the disease later.
- Her works are full of humanity- despair, happiness, desire, fear. Basically, she writes about what it is to be a human.
- Her father wanted to become a writer but never really acted on that impulse. So, it must be a proud moment for her to get a Nobel prize for her old man as well.
- Details about her net worth are mysterious. she leads a very simple life. She is married to John Darnow.
- She had already been awarded a Pulitzer Prize before. So, only a Nobel prize could top that off.
- She is on Instagram and has 1070 followers on the platform.