Gloria Abe is a Japanese American woman, known as the wife of Mark David Chapman. Mark is notorious for murdering singing legend, John Lennon.
|Husband||Mark David Chapman (m.1979)|
Gloria has been married to Mark for more than 2 decades now. Furthermore, she is still waiting for her husband to be released.
However, Mark was recently denied parole the 11th time.
10 Facts on Gloria Abe
- Gloria Abe is the wife of criminal and prisoner Mark David Chapman. Born in the early 1950s, she is the age of 69 years old. However, her birthday is not disclosed.
- Mark David Chapman is infamous for murdering the late Beatles singer, John Lennon. On December 8, 1980, Mark shot John outside his apartment in Manhattan.
- Abe was employed as Chapman’s travel agent when they fell in love with each other. The couple eventually got married on June 2, 1979. However, they haven’t reported any children together.
- Gloria hails from the Kailua, Hawaii, United States. Hence, her nationality is American. Likewise, she was born to a Japanese family.
- Abe is a single working woman with her husband in prison. But, she is living a decent life and her net worth is being estimated for now.
- According to various articles, Gloria was informed of the murder even before it happened. In fact, Chapman had told his wife two months before he committed the notorious crime.
- Mark’s main reason for the murder was described as his frustration with Lennon’s popularity and lifestyle. Moreover, he was sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- After his prison sentencing, many people speculated that Gloria will file for a divorce. But, the marriage has been going strong for 21 years now.
- As a matter of act, Abe regularly visits her husband in prison. Furthermore, she is waiting for her husband to get parole even after 39 years of his sentence.
- Due to privacy concern, Gloria lives a secret life. Her Twitter and Instagram handle is not available to date.