Masayoshi Son is a billionaire from Japan. He is an investor, philanthropist, and technology entrepreneur. Moreover, he is very popular for being the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of the company named SoftBank. He is also the chairman of the company named Arm Holdings which is based on the UK and CEO of SoftBank Mobile.
According to the reports of Forbes, Masayoshi is the second richest person in Japan. And the latest report showed that he has an estimated net worth of about $30 billion USD. This report was presented in August 2020.
Masayoshi got into the business while he was a student at the University of California, Berkeley. Working some of the business professionals, he created a gadget named electronic translator and by selling that to a company named Sharp Corporation, he made about $1.7 million dollars. Like this, he did many other workers which made him millions.
Know more about Masayoshi Son from the details below.
|Birthday||11 August, 1957|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches (1.70 m)|
|Profession||Investor, Entrepreneur, philanthropist|
|Net Worth||$30 Billion USD|
|Education||University of California|
— 孫正義 (@masason) July 29, 2020
10 Facts On Masayoshi Son
- Masayoshi Son is 63 years of age as of 2020. He was born in the year 1957.
- He celebrates his birthday on the 11th day of August. Moreover, Son’s birth sign is Leo.
- Born and raised in Japan, Masayoshi Son holds the Japanese nationality.
- Son attended the Serramonte High School in California after moving from Japan at the age of 16. And later, he joined the University of California, Berkeley, and graduate with a degree in economics and computer science.
- According to Son’s wiki, he was one of the early investors, investing in popular companies like Alibaba and Yahoo!.
- Son is also one of the investors on the cryptocurrency “Bitcoin“. In 2019, he lost about $130 million from Bitcoin.
- He is married to his wife Masami Ohno.
- Son has two children together with his wife.
- Son is also the owner of a Japanese baseball team named Softbank Hawks.
- You can find him on twitter @masason.