Matt Gillan is a famous British chef known for his appearance in the TV shows Great British Christmas Menu 2020. To date, he has participated on two seasons of the show.
Passionate about goat meat, Gillan is also an owner and a chef of a restaurant named Heritage. He has been cooking since the age of fifteen and till now, has garnered lots of fans through his mouth-watering cuisine recipes.
10 Facts on Matt Gillan
- Matt Gillan was born as raised in the small army town of Bordon, in Hampshire. Matt holds an American nationality and his ethnicity is white.
- Gillan’s age is yet a secret. However, he seems to be around the age of 30-40.
- He hasn’t shared details about his family. So, any information about his parents and siblings is yet to get disclosed.
- The celebrity cook gained his cooking experiences from his mother. Growing up, his mother never let him help in the kitchen. As a child, his mother would prefer her son to occupy himself with football and games consoles.
- Matt started his first job at the age of 15. He joined his friend in the local pub’s kitchen as a kitchen porter. He filled his friend vacant position as the cook.
- In 1998, Matt worked along with his then-chef Nick Wentworth at Hunters restaurant in Winchester. Later, he took his spot in Cambridge.
- He is an owner and a chef of the restaurant named Heritage, a restaurant with Rooms in rural Sussex by chef Matt Gillan.
- Besides his profession as a chef, Matt has also written and published a children’s book named ‘The Herder.’
- Gillan is secretive about his love life. It is still a mystery as to if he is married or not. He hasn’t given any hint about his possible romantic life.
- Gillan is available on his Instagram account @mattgillan_chef_, where he has over 10.4 thousand followers. Likewise, on his Twitter account, he has 17.7 thousand.