Labor member for Gaven in the Queensland Legislative Assembly, Meaghan Alana Jenkins Scanlon is also known as Meaghan Scanlon is an Australian politician and lawyer who pursued her political career at the age of 23.
Prior to that, Meaghan Scanlon also served as the Assistant Minister for Tourism Industry Development. And, she is associated with Labor political party.
|Net Worth||$470 k|
|Married/Single||Dating: Mark Bailey|
View this post on Instagram
Ever thought about getting involved in the Labor movement? 🙋♀️(link in bio) It’s been a week since Election Day and I want to thank every single volunteer who gave up their time to fight for a better future. Together, over the last six years our Palaszczuk Government has worked hard to change Qld for the better. ✅ We’ve increased renewable energy generation by almost 300% and we’ve established Queensland’s dedicated renewable energy company, CleanCo. ✅ We’ve stopped wide scale tree-clearing and established the Land Restoration Fund, to monetise carbon sequestration through vegetation protection and better land use management. ✅ We created a new offence of industrial manslaughter. ✅ We criminalised revenge porn. ✅ We passed laws that make it mandatory for religious clerics to report child sexual abuse, even if it is disclosed during confession. ✅ We’ve criminalised wage theft. ✅ We have made TAFE free for young Queenslanders. ✅ We’ve legislated Queensland’s own Human Rights Act. ✅ Queensland now has some of the strongest mine rehabilitation laws in the world, with a financial assurance fund to guarantee rehabilitation costs are being provisioned for and independently managed. We have also established the independent Office of the Rehabilitation Commissioner ✅ We’ve banned single-use plastic bags and established the container refund scheme, redirecting billions of containers out of landfill and creating hundreds of jobs in recycling. ✅ We no longer criminalise a woman’s right to have agency over her own body. ✅ We have started the conversation around Treaty with First Nations Queenslanders, and we made proper reparations for having stolen the wages of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders in past decades. ✅ We have banned developer donations and we have the strongest, fairest and most transparent electoral laws in Australia, including real-time donation disclosures. ✅ We created the Nurse Navigator position – the first of its kind in Australia as well as Nurse to Patient Ratios and minimum staffing levels in publicly owned ached care facilities. ✅ We made it a requirement to have Teacher aides in all prep classrooms and career
10 Facts About Meaghan Scanlon
- As a famous politician and lawyer, Meaghan Scanlon has already been featured on the official page of Wikipedia.
- Meaghan Scanlon is 27 years of age as of now. In fact, she was born in the year 1993 as per her wiki. But, we are unknown when she celebrates her birthday.
- Born on the Gold Coast and grown up in the suburb of Nerang, Meaghan Scanlon holds an Australian nationality.
- About her academics, she attended Griffith University’s Gold Coast Campus where she graduated earning a Bachelor of Laws. And, she graduated with a Diploma of Legal Practice from attending the Queensland University of Technology.
- Moving on to Meaghan’s family, her father’s and mother’ name is not revealed but her father is from England and her mother is from Moe, Victoria. So, she is of mixed ethnicity. Supposedly, her religion is Christian.
- Currently, Meaghan Scanlon is available on Twitter. She has a Twitter account with more than 1.3k followers and 191 followings under the username @meaghan_scanlon.
- Besides that, she is also active on Instagram with more than 1.4k followers. She has 297 posts under the username @meaghanscanlon as of now.
- According to wallmine.com, Meghan Scanlon has an estimated net worth of around $470 thousand as of 2020. But, her earning is yet to be disclosed as of now.
- Likewise, she also owns over 854 units of Boston Scientific stock which is worth over $468,585.
- Talking about Meaghan Scanlon’s relationship status, she is dating her fellow MP boyfriend, Mark Bailey since 2016. The couple confirmed this rumor in September 2018. They are happily dating as of now.