Bones Hillman, the iconic bassist who was known for his sweet voice, passed away on November 7, 2020. He was popular for his time with the Midnight Oil.
The whole music community came together to pay tribute to the Midnight Oil bassist and his grieving wife Denise. Bones and his band were an internationally known Australian rock band.
In 2017, he was part of the Midnight Oil reunion and tour.
|Age||62 (at time of death)|
|Net Worth||$100,000 to $1 million|
10 Facts About Bones Hillman
- Bones Hillman died after a long battle with cancer on November 7, 2020. He was survived by his wife Denise and family. He passed away in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.
- Hillman’s net worth as of 2020 is estimated to be in the range of $100,000 to $1 million. He earned most of his fortune from his career as a musician and singer.
- The cause of his death was complications caused by cancer.
- According to his bio, he was born in May 1958 and was 62 years old at the time of his death. He passed away just a month before his band the Midnight Oil was due to receive the Sydney Peace Foundation’s gold medal for human rights.
- He was of Caucasian ethnicity and was a New Zealander by nationality.
- His real name was Wayne Stevens but he was popular by his stage name Bones Hillman. He was in the music scene since the 1970s.
- Hillman’s first band was called the ‘Masochists’ and they were a punk band.
- Later, he joined the Suburban Reptiles. He joined what would become his best-known band in 1987 when he replaced the bassist for the ‘Midnight Oil’.
- He became a solo artist after the band went on hiatus, later he played with them in a reunion in 2017.
- Throughout his career, he was known in his punk scene and used his pub influence in his bass playing.