Mike Smith is an Australian journalist who has driven the interest of some national papers, lately, in September 2020. On Tuesday, September 8, 2020, some national Australian papers published articles claiming two Aussie journalists were forced out of China.
|Age||around 40 years old|
|Height||5 feet 7 inch approx.|
Two Australian journalists, Mike Smith, and Bill Birtles had to board a flight back to their homeland, Australia after the Chinese government held those two as persons of interest in ‘a national security case.’
Both Smith and his fellow Aussie journalist Bill Birtles are now a matter of national interest for both the Australian and Chinese governments. The Chinese government has not issued any statement on why those two are so highly concerned with some matter of national interest.
Find out some interesting facts about the Australian journalist, Mike Smith here.
It’s nice to be home but deeply disappointing to leave China under such abrupt circumstances. It’s been a big part of my life & the past week was surreal. A very big thank you to the ABC, friends, colleagues & those involved at DFAT. Plus @MikeSmithAFR for sharing the ride out. pic.twitter.com/zkJEV4Oa27
— Bill Birtles (@billbirtles) September 8, 2020
10 Facts on Mike Smith
- Mike Smith is an Australian journalist who has been working in the filed of journalists for several years now. He works for AFR, which stands for The Australian Financial Review.
- He works as an AFR’s correspondent for China. He was based in Shanghai for some time before moving back to Australia in September 2020.
- In early September 2020, the Chinese government told Bill Smith along with another Aussie journalist Bill Birtles that they were two persons somehow connected to a national security case for China.
- This led Mike Smith and Bill to board a flight back to their homeland.
- Following high-level negotiations between the two governmental bodies, China and Australia, Mike and Bill were allowed to leave China. They flew back to Australia on Monday, September 7, 2020.
- Mike Smith was born in Australia and is nationality is Australia. His ethnicity is white.
- Working as an AFR correspondent for some years now, Mike must have accumulated a colossal net worth and annual earnings.
- The journalist’s wife and age detail are not published on the media. Seemly, he could be 40 years old.
- Mike Smith seems to have an attractive height. He could be around 5 feet and 7 inches tall.
- He does not have a public Instagram or Twitter page yet. The same goes for his official Wikipedia page.