Miriam-Rose Ungunmerr-Baumann is a well-known activist, artist, and also an educator. She is recognized to be the first-ever Indigenous teacher to be working in the Northern Territory of Australia.
Quick Facts: Who Is Dr. Miriam-Rose Ungunmerr-Baumann? Meet 2021 Australian Of The Year
|Education||Kormilda College, Deakin University|
We have also come to know that she is the first-ever Indigenous Australian woman to have visited Antarctica. She is known for the significant work because she has encouraged the elders in Aboriginal communities to teach artistic careers to the younger generation.
10 Facts on Miriam-Rose Ungunmerr-Baumann:
- Miriam-Rose Ungunmerr-Baumann is a married woman, and the name of her husband is Ken but, we are unknown about his surname right now.
- Talking about Miriam-Rose Ungunmerr-Baumann’s age, she was born in 1950, and thus, she is already 71 years old.
- According to Miriam-Rose Ungunmerr-Baumann’s Wikipedia, she is considered the founder of Merrepen Arts Centre and remains the owner of Rak Malfiyin Homeland.
- Well-known as an activist, Miriam-Rose is an award-winning personality who was recently awarded the 2021 Australian Of The Year award.
- We can be assured that Miriam-Rose has not got a huge sum of money as she is an activist, which is the main reason she has a low net worth. However, she is always willing to help others in need.
- Well, Ungunmerr-Baumann was born in Daly River, Australia, and was a habitat of an indigenous community. Thus, her ethnicity can be regarded as an Indigenous Australian.
- Currently, we do not know if Ungunmerr-Baumann and her husband share any husband. However, we know that she has been very kind to many children in her community and has helped them learn various artistic works.
- Although she is not active on any social media account, there is a Facebook page from where we can be updated about her recent social works.
- Moving on to her education, she had completed her teaching degree at Kormilda College. Later, she earned her BA degree from Deakin University.
- In the year 1993, she was handed the responsibility of principle at St. Francis Xavier Catholic School.