Neilia Hunter is the first wife of American Presidential candidate Joe Biden. Neilia was an educator, she was a teacher in Syracuse City School District. The couple met in Nassau Bahamas.
She died in a tragic traffic collision during the 1972 Christmas holiday when she and her 3 children were driving to get a Christmas tree. The car collided with a truck which resulted in the death of Neilia and her daughter Naomi while her two sons were critically injured.
|Birthday||July 28, 1942|
|Age||30( at the time of death)|
10 Facts On Neilia Hunter
- Neilia Hunter was born on July 28, 1942, in Skaneateles, New York, United States. She was 30 years old at the time of her death.
- She died in a tragic car accident on December 18, 1972, at Hockessin, Delaware, United States.
- She was buried at St. Joseph On the Brandywine Cemetery, Greenville, Delaware, United States.
- She is the daughter of father Robert Neil Hunter and mother Louise Basil Hunter.
- Neilia and Joe got married on August 27, 1966. She gave birth to 3 children Naomi Christina Biden, Beau Biden, and Hunter Biden.
- Her interest included swimming hockey and learning french.
- She went to Syracuse University for her higher education, she was schooled in Pen Hall secondary boarding school.
- Joe Biden was just elected as US senator when his wife died, he was sworn in at the very hospital his injured children were being treated.
- Both of her children are quite successful people, her eldest son Beau Biden was former Attorney General of Delaware and Hunter Biden is a lawyer. Unfortunately, Biden’s family is full of tragedies Beau Biden died 5 years back on May 30, 2015, because of the brain cancer.
- Her husband, Joe got married to Jill Biden after 5 years of her death in 1977, He has one daughter with her, her mane is Ashley Biden