Nicholas Sandmann is a political demonstrater who came into the limelight after his immensely publicized altercation with the Native American activist Nathan Phillips.
|Height||5 feet 10 inches (178 cm)|
|Parents||Ted Sandmann; Julie Sandmann|
He became the center of national controversy and even received death threats but things were portrayed in the media differently than they actually were. Nicholas was a polarizing figure in the USA and was the focal point of ethical and racial debate in early 2019.
10 Facts On Nicholas Sandmann
- Nicholas Sandmann was born in 2002 and is around 18 years old as of August 2020. He is an American citizen and was born in Kentucky, USA.
- His father is named Ted Sandmann and mother Julie Sandmann.
- Apart from the name of his parents, he is yet to reveal any information regarding his siblings.
- Sandmann is a student at the Covington Catholic High School in Park Hills, Kentucky. He is a Christian as per his religion and as suggested by the name of his high school, he is Catholic.
- He filed a lawsuit against the Washington Post, seeking $250 million in damages.
- The newspaper settled the case on July 23, 2020, but have not disclosed the amount that was paid to the student.
- Nicholas and around 60 other students gathered around a Native American activist called Nathan Phillips. They gather around him and ‘harass’ him while wearing MAGA hats and chanting Native American tribal chants.
- Initially, it was thought that Nicholas was in the wrong but videos from later social media posts showed that the full story had not been told in the media.
- Due to this, he sued the Washington Post for damages in a defamation lawsuit. While many students were involved in the incident only Nicholas’ name was thrown around in the media.
- It is unclear if he has joined any colleges in 2020.