Onyeka Okongwu, the new NBA player has been a star even before being drafted into the world-famous league. The 19-year-old plays the power forward and has been selected by the Atlanta Hawks.
He was a superstar recruit and is the 6th overall pick in the 2020 NBA Draft. He had a grade 93 overall rating as a recruit and most outlets named him a 5-star recruit.
|Birthday||December 11, 2000|
|Height||6 feet 9 inches (2.06 m)|
|Weight||245 lbs (111 kg)|
|Profession||Basketball Player in the NBA|
|Parents||Mike Okongwu and Kate Okongwu|
|Education||Chino Hills; USC|
— Onyeka Okongwu (@BigO21_) November 18, 2020
10 Facts About Onyeka Okongwu
- Onyeka Okongwu is a huge basketballer and has a height of 6 feet 9 inches (206 cm). Similarly, he also weighs in at 245 lbs (111 kg).
- Okongwu was born on December 11, 2000, and his age is 19 years old as of November 2020.
- He was born to parents Mike Okongwu and Kate Okongwu.
- The basketballer, Onyeka Okongwu, had a brother named Nnamdi, who suffered from a brain injury after a horrific skateboarding accident. He was placed 3 days on life support before he passed away. The tragedy of Nnamdi’s death affected the basketballer deeply.
- Onyeka is focused on his basketball career and has not been active on media and remains away from the spotlight. He might have a girlfriend that he has not revealed to the media.
- He has been selected by the Atlanta Hawks, he was around 1 pick and 6th overall. He was eyed by the scouts from a long while back and he has been drafted into the NBA as a future star.
- His immense talents on the court made him a favorite for scouts.
- Other than his talents, his huge frame was also a factor in getting him selected.
- He attended Chino Hills high school and played basketball for their team.
- In a similar fashion, he joined USC but left after a year because he was drafted into the NBA.