Paddy Duke is the former DJ of New York-based Hot 97 radio. He was fired from the job after he was linked to Yusuf Hawkins murder case.
Duke was the member of the white group that killed Yusuf Hawkins. The whole crime was disclosed in the new documentary “Yusuf Hawkins: Storm Over Brooklyn”.
10 facts on Paddy Duke
- Paddy Duke is the former DJ of Hot 97 radio. His age is discussed to be around the ’30s. However, his birthday is not disclosed yet.
- There is no Wiki page related to Paddy Duke for now. Following his biography, his real name is Pasquale Raucci.
- Paddy Duke made headlines after he was linked to the murder of Yusuf Hawkins. Moreover, he was fired from the job for his involvement in the 1989 murder case.
- According to Yusuf’s bio, he was a 16 years old boy living in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn. However, he was killed after he was beaten by a group of nearly 30 white men.
- On the day of the murder, Hawkins went out with his friends to buy a car. But, they were attacked by the white group as one of the friends was allegedly dating a white female.
- It was discovered that Duke was one of the 8 main suspects of the crime. Furthermore, he was charged with three counts of imprisonments.
- Paddy was just a teenager when he committed the crime. But, his charges were later dropped and he was only sentenced to probation.
- Duke was later hired by renowned radio station, Hot 97, in 1994. In fact, he was even promoted to commercial programming director over the years.
- However, Paddy’s past haunted him back when the new documentary “Yusuf Hawkins: Storm Over Brooklyn” was released. The radio station fired him after his notorious past was discovered.
- The DJ has maintained silence on the whole subject matter for now. His pictures and Instagram account have been removed.