Papa Bouba Diop was a professional football player who contributed as a part of the Senegal team. With his exceptional abilities as a centre-back, the man had led his team to countless victories. The outstanding footballer has once again made headlines, but this time, it is not for his skills.
According to the latest news, Diop died on the 29th day of November 2020 because of a long illness. Many media has said that he was suffering from ALS and Charcot -Marie -Tooth disease for a long time. So, how did Papa Bouba Diop die?
Learn more about Papa Bouba Diop from the facts below.
|Name||Papa Bouba Diop|
|Birthday||January 28, 1978|
|Age||42 years (deceased – November 29, 2020)|
|Height||6 feet 5 inches (1.95 m)|
|Husband||Mama Bouba Diop|
10 Facts On Papa Bouba Diop
- Internationally renowned professional footballer Papa Bouba Diop died at the age of 42 in Paris.
- Diop was born in 1978 and used to celebrate his birthday on the 28th day of January, according to his wiki-bio.
- Papa was born and raised in a place called Rufisque of Dakar, Senegal, and he was Senegalese in terms of nationality.
- There is no information available about Diop’s parents, siblings, and other family members.
- Papa Bouba was 6 feet, and 5 inches tall (1.95 m) in height, and his body weight during the last weigh-in was 207 lbs.
- Papa started his football journey in the year 1994, playing in Ndeffann Saltigue. His professional career began in the year 1996, and he played until 2013.
- Diop has played for teams including ASC Diaraf, Vevey, Neuchatel Xamax, Grasshoppers, Lens, Fulham, Portsmouth, Aek Athens, West Ham United, and Birmingham City in his career.
- Papa was also in the national team of Senegal from 2001 to 2008. As a crucial part of the group, he appeared with the national team in 63 matches and scored 11 goals.
- Diop was married to his wife, Mama Bouba Diop. Information about his wife and children a bit blurry on the internet.
- The actual salary and net worth of Diop are under review.