Ben Watkins, a fan favorite of the MasterChef Junior (2018) has passed away on 18 November 2020 following a long battle with cancer. He was just 14 years old at the time of his tragic passing.
Watkins entered the reality cooking competition in 2018, quickly establishing himself as one of the fan favorites. He lost his parents to a murder-suicide in September 2017 and was diagnosed with angiomatoid fibrous histiocytoma in 2020.
|Age||14 (at time of death)|
|Profession||Former contestant on MasterChef Junior|
|Parents||Michael Watkins; Leila Edwards|
We lost a Master of the @MasterChefJrFOX kitchen today. Ben you were an incredibly talented home cook and even stronger young man. Your young life had so many tough turns but you always persevered. Sending all the love to Ben Watkins’ family with this terrible loss Gx pic.twitter.com/RX81hP7lbw
— Gordon Ramsay (@GordonRamsay) November 17, 2020
10 Facts About Ben Watkins
- Ben Watkins was born in September 2006 and his age was 14 years old at the time of his death on November 18, 2020.
- Watkins was born to parents Michael Watkins who was 46 when he fatally shot himself and his wife, Leila Edwards, 43 years old at the time. Ben lost both of his parents to the murder-suicide.
- The teenager became famous after he entered Masterchef Junior in 2018. While he was eliminated before reaching the finals, he became a fan favorite for all the viewers.
- There is no Wiki page dedicated to the late teen star but you can read all about him in this article.
- He also did not have an Instagram page however, many news outlets shred his progress on Masterchef and the news of his diagnosis on their social media accounts.
- The cause of Ben’s death was complications caused by cancer, he was diagnosed with angiomatoid fibrous histiocytoma, a rare type of cancer which causes soft tissue tumors.
- His diagnosis came just 3 years after the tragedy of his parents’ death.
- He was initially diagnosed with the disease in August 2020 and he passed away in November 2020.
- Tributes from all over the world have poured in for the late teenager.
- In fact, Gordon Ramsay, who was one of the judges on the show also posted on social media expressing his deep sadness.