Derby County manager and coach Phillip Cocu is a former Dutch footballer who reached the heights of club football by playing for Barcelona and PSV Eindhoven.
|Birthday||29 October 1970|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (182 cm)|
|Profession||Football Coach; Manager|
|Parents||Peter Cocu; Rina Cocu|
|Wife||Karin Cocu (ex)|
|Children||Delano Cocu, Raoul Cocu, Senna Cocu|
In 2020, he is in his second year as Championship club Derby County’s manager. He has been praised for bringing a new wave of management and style to the team and youth ranking structure at his team.
He is known for his Dutch footballing philosophy which has also been applied by coaching greats such as Johann Cruyff and Pep Guardiola.
10 Facts About Phillip Cocu
- Phillip Cocu was born on 29 October 1970 as per this source and is 49 years old as of September 2020.
- He was born in Eindhoven, the Netherlands to father Peter Cocu and mother Rina Cocu.
- The coach was married to Karin Cocu but separated from her. He has 3 sons with his ex-wife Delano Cocu, Raoul Cocu, and Senna Cocu.
- Cocu was the coach of Fenerbahce and earned €2.5 million at this club. Before this, he was in charge of PSV where he earned €500,000 per season.
- His estimated net worth is between $1 million to $5 million. Most of his earnings are from his career as a coach.
- Cocu is Dutch as per his nationality and is of Mixed ethnicity.
- He started his senior career as a player in 1988 with AZ Alkmaar.
- Then 20 years later, he debuted as a coach by taking the job as the Holland national team’s assistant coach.
- As a player, he made 598 appearances for clubs and scored 122 goals in the process. Similarly, he also had 101 caps for the Dutch national team and scored 10 goals.
- Derby County announced him as their manager in 5 July 2019 and is still their manager as of September 2020.