Phoebe Greenberg is an artist and a businesswoman, who is a well-known art and culture figure in Canada. She is the Founder and Director of Phi and DHC/ART Foundation for Contemporary Art, a non-profit organization dedicated to the presentation of contemporary art.
She has earned credit as a producer and writer for movies such as Next Floor (2008), Incendies (2010), and The Forbidden Room (2015).
|Parents||Irving Greenberg and Shirley Greenberg|
|Education||Jacques Lecoq School|
On the 10th anniversary of @DHCART, founder Phoebe Greenberg reflects on a decade in a changing Montreal art scene. https://t.co/jPudp1JeFI
— Canadian Art (@canartca) October 3, 2017
10 Facts On Phoebe Greenberg
- Phoebe Greenberg was born and raised in Ottawa Canada and she is 56 years old by age.
- She is the daughter of Irving and Shirley Greenberg. Her father was a real-estate businessman and her mother is a lawyer and feminist who helped to establish the first Women’s Centre of Ottawa.
- The Greenberg family comes in one of Canada’s richest families with a net worth of $1.57 billion. It consists of her father Irvin, and his brothers Gilbert, Lorry, and Louis Greenberg.
- Phoebe pursued her education in Paris, France. She studied arts and culture at Jacques Lecoq School in Paris.
- She is inspired by her parents, who dedicated themselves to contributing to the world. Besides, she learned much from her mother’s desire to improve the status of women.
- In 2012, she founded Phi Center with the goal of the intersection of art and technology.
- It is no longer a secret that she enjoys a net worth of millions. She is one of seven owners of her family-operated Minto Group.
- Some of the prominent artists including Mos Def, Marshmallow Laser Fiest, Punchdrunk, Laurie Anderson, David Blaine, and Nick Cave have performed in her Phi Center.
- Phoebe sued her former assistant for $15 million in December 2020. Her assistant Sandra Testa reportedly never authorized expensive purchases that include a gold watch delivered by an armored truck.
- However, her assistant Sandra has denied the allegations made in the lawsuit and countered with allegations that Phoebe had little control over how her money was spent.