Fred Upton is a well-known American politician from the Republican political party. Since 1987, he has been serving as the U.S. Representative for Michigan’s 6th congressional district. His current tenure expires in 2023.
Similarly, Fred is the only Representative in the history of American politics who voted in favor of the impeachment of two U.S. presidents. In 1998, he voted for the conviction of Bill Clinton, and in 2021, he voted to impeach Donald Trump after Trump’s incitement of the storming of the U.S. Capitol building. Moreover, former Chairman of the Committee on Energy and Trade, he played a crucial role in shaping post-Obama health-care reforms.
Moreover, he supports LGBTQ rights and claims that “There is never an acceptable time or place to tolerate discrimination.”
Quick Facts: Fred Upton
|Birthday||April 23, 1953|
|Parents||Elizabeth B. (née Vial) and Stephen Edward Upton|
|Education||University of Michigan|
|Youtube||Congressman Fred Upton|
10 Facts on Fred Upton
- As of 2021, the politician Fred Upton is 67 years of age. He was born in the year 1953 and his birthday is celebrated on April 23.
- He was born and raised to parents Elizabeth B. ( mother) and Stephen Edward Upton (father) in St. Joseph, Michigan.
- Speaking of his education, in 1975, Fred Upton earned his B.A. in Journalism from the University of Michigan.
- Similarly, he is married to his beautiful wife; Amey Miller. The couple is blessed with 2 children.
- Fred Upton is a member of the Republican Political Party who is serving as the U.S. Representative for Michigan since 1987.
- Furthermore, Michigan Radio reported that Fred Upton had a net worth of $7.3 million in 2014. However, the information regarding his current net worth is off the record.
- Fred Upton joined Twitter in March 2010. He has 34.4K people following him on his verified account.
- The American politician is an active social media user. In addition to Twitter, he is available on Instagram, Facebook as well as on YouTube.
- In addition to politics, he is a fan of baseball and is seen to support the Chicago Cubs.
- Likewise, Fred claims that his top priorities include employment formation, sustainable prosperity, and striving to make all people of Southwest Michigan enjoy longer and happier lives.