Richard Keogh is a professional Irish footballer who recently made headlines after it was confirmed that he transferred from MK Dons to Championship side Huddersfield Town for the remainder of the 2020/21 season.
Keogh was a trainee for Ipswich Town and Stoke City during 2003 and was signed by Stoke City. He made his professional debut in League One with Bristol City on September 3, 2005, in a 0-0 draw against Colchester United.
The Irishman made his international debut in 2013 and has made a total of 26 games with one goal under his belt. To help you know more about the footballer here are 10 facts on Richard Keogh:
Quick Facts: Richard Keogh Wife And Family: 10 Facts To Know
|Birthday||11 August, 1986|
|Height||6 feet 2 inches|
— Richard Keogh (@RichardKeogh_6) November 29, 2020
10 Facts on Richard Keogh
- Richard Keogh is a married man, he married long-time partner Charlie and the couple gave birth to their first child, a son, Sebastian in 2016.
- Born on August 11, 1986, in Harlow, Essex, Richard Keogh’s age as of January 2021 is exactly 34 years old.
- According to Silly season, Before being released by Derby County in early 2020, Richard Keogh was set to make over 800,000 pounds in the 2020/2021 season.
- Even though his estimated salary for the 2020 season was known, his net worth is not yet estimated.
- An Irish born defender is a tall man with a height of 6 feet 2 inches, he is a reliable defender to have.
- In his 17 years as a professional, Richard Keogh has been a part of 12 different teams and has represented Ireland in U-19, U-21, and the national team.
- He had his best years as a footballer when he was a Derby County player from 2012 to 2019 where he made 316 appearances.
- Richard Keogh mainly plays as a left-back defender but can switch to a center back if required.
- Although he is a defender he has managed to bag a total of 21 goals for both club and country.
- He is available on Twitter at @richardkeogh_6. He has over 17k followers with just 75 tweets.